Wednesday 9 September 2009

Dreams Forgotten by The Jay Lowlifes


Young man (aged 2)

The dreams that I've forgotten
The places I don't go to
The things I've left behind

Now I'm thinking of:
The choices I made badly
The paths I never followed
The women I once loved

Chorus:
Waking in the morning
Or a few years down the road
I feel that I've forgotten
The dreams I couldn't hold

Now I'm thinking of:
A train without a platform
A night without a lover
A boy who's lost his dog

Where's my wife and children?
Where's my fancy car?
Why am I not famous?
Why am I not rich?
And why did I stop searching?
I wonder where you are

Chorus

Where am I to go to?
What can I do now?
Feeling that I've lost you
Feeling what I feel now
I only tried to help you
I tried to show I cared

Chorus

Now I'm thinking of:
A bed without a pillow
A joke which has no punch-line
A story without an end

- Words and Music by Dave Clarke and The Jay Lowlifes

No comments:

Post a Comment